[TR] Electrical diagnosis: Update

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sun Jun 13 22:46:40 MDT 2010

Engine ground strap is at the front motor mount, traditionally on the left
side.

Condition still sounds like either the battery or one of the main
connections to ground or starter/solenoid, your lights don't draw nearly the
current that the starter does.

One other thing, just to eliminate the starter, go directly from the battery
to the starter, maybe using a jumper cable.  Disconnect all your other
connections to both before attempting, if the starter is the problem this
might help to clear it or solidly identify it.

Let us know how you make out,
Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS30766L  "Tarbaby"