[TR] '3a Alternator conversion...

Andrew Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Sun Jun 13 16:57:24 MDT 2010

 Davd, were/are you running lots and lots of power-robbing accessories? enough
Lucas Flamethrowers to win the Alpine Rallye? Killer stereo?

I drive my Lucas C40 generator-equipped Herald in just about all kinds of
weather (usually excepting winter) -- which means I often have radio, heater
blower, lights, wipers, etc., all going -- and I have no problems with the
generator keeping that big old Group 24 battery charged.

Maybe your generator just needs refreshing or rebuilding? (Disclaimer: I did
have my original generator rebuilt about six years ago, and it's been fine
ever since!)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us