[TR] Fw: Now I'm confused

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sun Jun 13 06:56:37 MDT 2010

Hi List,
A friend of mine (who is located several states to my right so I can't see for
myself) is in the middle or rebuilding a TR6 motor and ran into a problem with
the rocker arm assemblies from a rebuilder in northern California. At least
two of them had the oil holes rotated 90 degrees so there would have not been
any oil going to the rocker arms! His final problem is what I am writing to
you guys about and that is described below. Can anybody help him out?
Interestingly, the say he found it was he had received two other rocker arm
assemblies for non Triumph engines and those were not assembled correctly
either. Lucky for him, he had checked them before installation and discovered
the problem. However, on the TR6 shaft, as he explains below, the assembly is
confusing.
Feel free to email him directly if you want. His name is Gary Fitzgerald and
his email is listed above.
Thanks,
Dave Connitt
'67 Triumph TR4A IRS
http://home..fuse.net/davestr4a

Subject: Now I'm confused

      Help me out Dave,
            I just removed the assemble on the TR6. The rockers have 2 holes
about 90 degrees apart. The center shaft also has 2 holes about 90 degrees
apart. The only problem is that the mounting pedestal has a lock screw that
can only go one way. If I line up the oil holes, the mounting screw won't lone
up??? Something isn't right. I'm not getting oil with the set up the way it is
now, but can change it to line up the holes.

      I've tried to find out about proper aliening the holes on line, but no
one seems to insist the holes be in line. Could I be wrong and if so why don't
I get any oil through the rockers when the engine is running with the holes
not in line?

      HELP

      Gary