[TR] Stock TR4 exhaust with header

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Jun 9 06:10:06 MDT 2010

In a message dated 6/8/2010 8:29:59 PM Central Daylight Time,
pethier at comcast.net writes:
> Dunno much about TR4 systems (I sold the TR4 with the Bell still in the
> box), and I don't know much about Falcons except what I have heard through
> the grapevine, but the Bell system on uncle jack sounds just as good to me
> now as when JonMac brought it through The Cities last August.  No buzz, no
> boom, just a mellow V8 delight.  And those stainless tailpipes look
> mahvelous.

I'll throw in some more anecdotal observation: I have installed Falcon SS
exhaust systems on a TR3, a TR6 and a TR8.  I would call it two for three.
The TR3 system is pleasant while mildly raucous (though not too loud) and the
TR8 system has a nice subdued growl.  It is only the TR6 system (stock
replacement) that is buzzy and boomy.  Regrettably it is made of stainless and
thus is lasting forever.

I did have a Falcon Sports Exhaust system on a TR6 I had years back and I
thought that had a really nice tone to it although a little bit on the loud
side.

Dave