[TR] TR4 tonneau

Andrew Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Tue Jun 8 12:20:19 MDT 2010

-----Original Message-----

From: Brad Kahler <brad.kahler at 141.com>

So the question is are the TR4 and TR4A tonneau covers different?

==AM==
I think so, as the TR4A used "button" snaps around the rear cockpit area
IIRC.
==AM==

I would prefer the Lift-A-Dot fasteners so I'm also wondering if I can replace
the round snaps
with Lift-A-Dot fasteners without ruining the tonneau.

==AM==
I would think so. Assuming you can get the old "button" snaps off and no part
of them had cut into the vinyl,
it would only leave a very small hole. The bit problem would be the relative
location of whichever
fasteners you use and whether they would match up. But if you're just trying
to do this inexpensively,
a few stray small holes probably wouldn't show or otherwise affect things.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us