[TR] TR4 tonneau

Brad Kahler brad.kahler at 141.com
Tue Jun 8 10:23:03 MDT 2010

Jon,

The soft top (hood) uses the Lift-A-Dot fasteners around the rear of
the cockpit and I personally prefer that style of fastener.  My TR6
had the plastic snaps as you mentioned and I HATED those cheap things.

My 63 Spitfire used round snaps at the back and Lift-A-Dots at the
front which I thought was a strange arrangment to have.

Thanks!

Brad

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:16 PM, John Macartney
<macartney.john at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi, Brad
>
> Lift-the-Dot fasteners at the front are correct to period though the snaps
> around the back are better if you can get the original metal ones in the
US.
> The plastic ones fitted by the factory on all tonneaux at a later stage
were
> only used on cost grounds and after a while they go brittle and 'snap'.
IMHO