[TR] Bumpers for TR3 solid axle

acey2525 at aol.com acey2525 at aol.com
Tue Jun 8 08:01:19 MDT 2010

Hi all, rebuilding my rear springs, yes I got the fever from all the threads,
and found I have no bumpers at all.  I see Moss has 3 bumpers listed and don't
have a clue where they go or even if they are for my car or the TR4 solid
axle.

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29143#76

They list #81 Bump rubber (on body), #82 rebound rubber (on frame) and #85
Buffer (on ???)  I don't have a clue.  I can guess on the bumper on the frame
- I see a fastener on the frame but other than that I'm lost.  Anyone have
pics or can help me out?

I found this in the MY archives from 2006 and still shaking my head.

> I am looking at installing the new rubber bumpers on the rear axle.  Since
> they don't streach far enough to clear the bearing flange the only
> way I can see
> to install them is to cut them and tie them with safety wire (or zip ties).
> Before I pass the point of no return I ask:  "Am I missing something?"

I don't think so.  That's the way the originals went on, too.

Randall

Thanks in advance,
Jack 1959 TR3A
Philadelphia, PA