[TR] TR4A Project

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sun Jun 6 09:35:04 MDT 2010

In a message dated 6/5/2010 11:40:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
pcaffrey at ymail.com writes:
> I got my TR4A back home Thursday last week.  The 22 month project of
> having it restored (partially restored--not body-off, no interior/cabin
> work,
> no paint job) by a garage is over.  Now, I have to figure out how to
> correct
> some oversights (although the mechanics did a very good job on the
> car)....The
> link below shows how the car sits.  The body is too far above the front
> wheels.  This may be springs as a friend suggested....Any thoughts on why
> the
> front end is so high above the wheels?  Is it just springs?  Have others
> had
> this problem?....As I get reacquainted with the car, I'll probably have
> more
> questions.  Hope you don't mind.....Thanks everyone for seeing me through
> the
> project and with great suggestions.

Are those new springs?  Are they higher rate springs?  If the answer to
both questions is yes you may have a set of springs that are correct for the
later model TR6.  As you may recall, Triumph raised the ride height to meet
bumper regulations.  I have a set on my TR6 and it sits pretty high.  I kind
of like it as I don't drag on speed bumps and such.

Dave