[TR] need TR6 waterpump in Asheboro NC

Tim Gaines mtgaines at mail.presby.edu
Sun Jun 6 06:51:03 MDT 2010

I was driving my 1974 TR6 from home in SC to Chapel Hill,
NC to go with my son to see vintage road racing at VIR in
VA Saturday.  My water pump went out in Asheboro Friday
evening.  I got lucky (I think) when I spotted an old
garage with an MG-T something out front.  The guy says he
has a mechanic who will do the job for me, and I left my
car in his garage.  We went to VIR yesterday, had a great
time, but heard from the garage that they couldn't find
the water pump anywhere Saturday.  Probably not a big
surprise, but I'm really hoping to get it done Monday.
 Just in case the mechanic has trouble finding the part
Monday morning, does anyone out there in NC know a source
for the part that I can put the guy onto?

Thanks,
Tim