[TR] Hi RPM's

Cosmo Kramer tr4a2712 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 07:30:14 MDT 2010

Hi List!

I've got a problem/question for the list to help me out on:

History: I start up the car & everything is great on the instrument readings-
Idle= 850-900 RPM. After the engine runs for about 1/2 hr. doing 40+ MPH- tach
is reading 2,000->3,000 (depending on my driving speeds). When I then come to
a stop light, sign, etc. the RPM's stick at 2,000. I then 'blimp' the gas
peddle (a quick accretion & then drop the pressure on the gas peddle) the
RPM's then drop down to idle speed =850->900.

Question: What's causing this to happen?

I think it's the carb. linkage sticking. So I've cleaned the linkage with a
tooth brush, then blew compressed air on to the linkage on the inside of the
engine bay. Then proceeded to place a drop of graphite oil (thinking at this
is a "dry lubricant") onto all pivot points of the carb & gas peddle linkage,
hoping to prevent sticking. I then let the engine cool (next day), to TR (test
ride) the TR4A again to have the SAME thing happen all over again.

-Cosmo Kramer