[TR] TR4A 'dealer badge'? No.

carlsereda carlsereda at aol.com
Wed Jun 2 18:21:40 MDT 2010

Hey Johnnie,

It reads 'Overdrive' - you can still buy them new- for instance,
below's the link to the Rimmer's 'illustrated' one.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID005902

and a photographed one on eBay too:

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/TRIUMPH-OVERDRIVE-SCRIPT-CAR-BADGE-CHROME-C005_W0QQitemZ350343534727QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SILF:SG:105#ht_1698wt_910

Thanks for sharing that photo link - I've only seen that exact script
chrome 'Overdrive' badge on a 'show' TR4 a few years back - I believe
the tag is for Spitfires but I like the idea for a TR4. The fact that
it shows up on a 1966 TR4A on the show 'Avengers' televised in the
late 60's makes it legit right?
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

What is the writing on top of the "TR4A". Is this a dealer
logo? I can't decipher it, and haven't seen anything like this on a
car.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_285458-Triumph-TR4A-1965.html

Johnnie