[TR] coil capacitor

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Jul 30 15:06:26 MDT 2010

> Does anyone know where I could get a capacitor that mounts on
> the coil bracket
> that is used to suppress noise to the radio? Would the
> distributor cap work?

Worth trying, to see if it helps.  If it does help, then finding a filter
capacitor might help some more (they usually have more capacitance than the
point condenser does).

You might also try connecting one at the generator output, directly from the
output to the generator case.  Last time I had anything to do with AM radio
in a Triumph (actually Citizens Band, but using AM modulation), the
generator was making most of the noise.

> I cant use the special ignition wires as I use the bumble bee wire with
Lodge
> ends.

I believe the Lodge ends are supposed to have suppression resistors built
into them, the cap definitely should.  You might check them with an
ohmmeter, reproductions might not have the resistors.

Randall