[TR] New lamps for old - Not Triumph but still automotive

Michael Marr mmarr at notwires.com
Fri Jul 30 14:26:09 MDT 2010

Thanks, Andy.  Its that "unfavorably" word that is important.  To me,
someone or something that is notorious is not nice.  As I concluded in
another post, which may have been too long because it doesn't seem to have
made it to the list, this could be a case of the UK (where I was educated)
and the USA (where I live) being two nations divided by a common language.
My impression is that "notorious" generally has negative connotations when
used in the UK, whereas in the US, apparently, it may simply mean that
something is noteworthy.

Mike