[TR] Powder Coat on Original Disk Wheels

robertko at charter.net robertko at charter.net
Wed Jul 28 20:35:52 MDT 2010

I used the Cast Aluminum powder from Eastwood.  It gives the same warm silver appearance of the original wheels.  The other silvers are too bright or have the mentioned color shades.

Robert Kohout
72 & 74 TR6

---- P Caffrey <pcaffrey at ymail.com> wrote:
I completely agree with Don's description of the appearance of powder coated
wheels and also the protection factor....I had thought (not in a serious way)
about chroming the wheels or purchasing chrome wheels, but it would have been
too bright, plus just not the correct appearance for the car....Powder coated
wheels take the car in the opposite direction from chrome as far as appearance
goes: the wheels are too muted (not metallic enough) and with a somewhat dull
blue/grey color as Don described....The Link below shows my car with powder
coated wheels.  The pics are, as expected, inferior to actually seeing the
wheels, but thought I'd send anyway.
http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww276/pcaffrey1/wheels/
Pat