[TR] Update on TriumphBob

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Mon Jul 26 13:59:50 MDT 2010

Hi Everyone,
Below is a note from Ava Bob's wife.  Bob is going thru the final  phase of
his treatment for leukemia at the Cleveland Clinic.  Bob tolerated  the
first phase rather well and even had a period of time in June and early July
that he could get back to a somewhat normal pace considering the
circumstances. He even grew a little head of hair or fuss one might  call it. He and
Ava were able to attend the TRA National Meeting with  Beverly and I and just
like old times we had a blast.  We were able to take  the 62 TR4 for Laps
around Mid-Ohio Race Track and I let Bob drive since he had  not been behind
the wheel of a Triumph for some time.  This was a decision  I soon came to
regret because it was all I could do to hang on and not fly out  of the car.
I dang new tore the "OH Crap Bar" out of the dash.   Bob has No Fear and
likes to go fast.  Early on we were calling for a black  flag to the TR3 in
front of us for blocking but since there was a no  passing rule in effect we
just had to hang back a bit then hurry up to catch  up.  Great fun.

Bob really enjoyed your e-mails the during the first phase so  let's keep
his spirits up as best we can.  He has a good chance to survive  all of this.
His email is _TriumphBob at aol.com_ (mailto:TriumphBob at aol.com)   I will post
 an address for cards as soon has I get one.

Best Regards,
Darrell

Bob entered the clinic on Wednesday, July 21st and is  currently going
through his last (third) day of Chemo.  He has done very  well through the first
2 days, but I'm sure he will appreciate his 'day off'  tomorrow (Sunday) as
the side effects are compounded.  On Monday, Tues, Wed  & Thursday Bob
will get two rounds each day (6 a.m. & 10 a.m.) of  full body irradiation.  As
long as he is up to it and steady on his feet I  will be able to walk him
down for those 30 minutes treatments so he'll get to be  off this
floor.....something that will not happen again until his eventual  release (some 60 days
down the road.....or less - we pray).  The use of a  laptop computer has
made it much easier to communicate while we are in here (I'm  living at the
hospital while mom is still here) so please send your Emails, pics  and the
like to me to share with Bob as you can.