[TR] TR3A Water Pump Pulley failure

Ed Poplawski popnglo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 09:31:39 MDT 2010

There are four pictures that I posted on photobucket. The Water Pump Pulley
has failed, separating into two parts, with the inner part of the pulley
attached to the spindle. Looks like I can either get the pump and pulley as
a unit or the pulley or separte from TRF. BFE has the six vane pump, which
is a good upgrade it would seem. Anyone have any experiance with eirther.

Anyone see this failure before? The water pump still turns freely so the
failure would seem to be metel fatigue from 50+ years of spinning. The
difficult part is the remaining half of the pulley on the spindle is such
that a 3 prong puller can't grab anything flat due to the taper of the
inside of the pulley. There is a woodruff key in there holding it good.

http://s724.photobucket.com/albums/ww250/EdPop/TR3A%20Water%20pump%20pulley/?
action=view&current=pump-pulley4.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs724.photob
ucket.com%2Falbums%2Fww250%2FEdPop%2FTR3A%2520Water%2520pump%2520pulley%2F%3F
action%3Dview%26current%3Dpump-pulley4.jpg%26

Any advice appreciated, Thanks

Ed (Hudson Valley NY)