[TR] TR6 fan question

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 23 05:41:36 MDT 2010

On Thursday, July 22, 2010 09:49:09 pm KingsCreekTrees at aol.com wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> On my TR3A, I've decided to carry out the TR6 fan conversion, though I know
>  there is much discussion against it. There's a chap local to me who has a
> garage  full of spare TR4-6 parts, so I asked him if he had a TR6 fan
> available. He has  three of them, he says, 13-blade ones. Now, my
> understanding was that TR6 fans  were 8-blade. Does anyone know if they
> changed, and whether or  not this 13-blade one will work with the Moss TR6
> fan conversion kit that  they say is designed for the TR6 8-bladed one?
>
> Tim

Tim,

My 72 6 has a 13 blade fan. It is the red one. I believe the 8 blade is yellow
and was fitted prior to 72. If you fit this fan it will pull a lot of air,
more than the stock 3 and even the 4 fan.

As far as working with the Moss kit I think you should give them a call.

My 58 3 has the TR4 4 blade fan which works good for me. No overheating even
last week in 90+ heat.

Make sure you fit something to direct the air flow into the radiator if you
have a wide mouth 3. I believe TRF has a kit for some sort of radiator cowl.

Bob