[TR] Engine blocks

Ed Woods fogbro1 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 21 21:53:47 MDT 2010

Terry,

My MGTF had a cracked block when I bought it for $200 in 1966. The previous
owner had bored it .080" over! I had it sleeved (all four) and, since the
.080" oversize pistons were almost new, had the sleeves bored .080" over to
fit. Fast forward to this evening when I fired it up for the first time
since last September. It started immediately without changing petrol or
charging the battery. Runs smooth as silk. I have done dozens of engines
since this one, my very first, and have never had a better, smoother running
4 banger than this TF.

Ed Woods