[TR] 7 Lakes Pkwy (IS Triumph-related!)

Bob Wanderer rawanderer at comcast.net
Mon Jul 19 17:30:56 MDT 2010

I am planning a road trip with my TR6 for next week to New York state with a
possible meander into Connecticut, Massachusetts, and/or Vermont.  Is there
anyone on the list who has driven Seven Lakes Parkway (or Drive) through
Harriman State Park in NY and can tell me about how long to allow for a
leisurely drive from its southern terminus in Sloatsburg (NY-17) to its
northern terminus onto US-6?  For ease in finding the road, would I be
better off going south from US-6?  I'm currently planning taking I-287 to
where it meets I-87 as the map says I can pick-up NY-17 (northbound) there
too.  Is that correct?  Any "gotchas" with the road signs?

The last time I took this road was in 1970 on my BSA 650.  I lived in NYC
(Queens) then.

Thanks,

BobW
Montgomeryville, Pa. (suburban Philadelphia)
1974 TR6