[TR] TR3 fuel lines & fuel line clips

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sun Jul 18 16:55:21 MDT 2010

In a message dated 7/18/2010 8:58:55 AM Central Daylight Time,
cfmtr3a at verizon.net writes:
> That may have been me.  I was able to figure out the thread pattern
> (standard fittings).  Although later 3's had a 'hose' connector between
> the
> tank line and the next one, I did put in a compression fitting.   I also
> put
> a shut-off valve before a fuel filter before the pump (it is along the
> chassis rail just before it comes into the engine bay).   I had already
> purchased a filter for the 1/4" line by the carbs, but may not install it
> now.  Seemed to make more sense to filter it before the pump.

/What valve did you use?  I've heard the OE valves were prone to leaking if
due to age/abuse.  The alternative is to raise the front of the car enough
to pput the filter above the fuel level.  That can be inconvenient at times.
 ;-)

> Some one had asked about the clips to hold the fuel lines as the ones
> recommended by TRF are too small.  Moss has a 5/16 'P' clamp that seems to
> work.  P/N 181-550

Thanks for the tip.

Dave