[TR] no time, no fun

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Fri Jul 16 21:28:52 MDT 2010

Jim Muller wrote:
>    I've done absotively posilutely no British Car stuff
> for the last few weeks.

I can relate.  I haven't really done anything useful in the
garage for some time.  But I will be starting on a Triumph
project of sorts this weekend.

The goal is to be in Topeka, Kansas, August 20 - 22 for
the races at Heartland Park.  The Kastner Cup will be a
part of that weekend.  I want to be there.  Here's an
excerpt of what I posted on another list:

====
Right now my main concern is making it to Topeka next month.  I'll
only be getting two paychecks between now and then, both of which
are already used up.  My current job sucks in several respects, but
it is a job.  So be warned, I may be trying to peddle a bunch of
parts over the next couple of weeks to come up with gas money.
EBay, this list, the TR list, the Team.Net forums, you never know
where I might strike!

Of course one possible advantage for prospective buyers is the
free shipping if you can pick them up somewhere along my route
there and back again.  First I have to see what I have on the shelf
that people might actually *want* !!   I'd like to keep the ceramic
coated Stahl Spit header for my personal use at a later date, but
if I get desperate that alone could cover gas and food for the trip.

====

So the project is to get enough funding to cover the costs of
this trip.  Hmm, I somehow think that a Team.Net Charity Fund
Drive to send an underprivleged sys admin to, uh, summer camp
would be well received.  So time to put on my parts salesman
hat.

A month after Topeka will be one of my favorite drives with
the British Motor Club of Utah.  I could have the clapped out
squaretail in the garage back on the road by then.  Probably one
or two good weekends of work should do it.  It would be nice to
have a Triumph again for the cooler fall weather.

mjb.