[TR] TR4A Questions

Ben Zwissler bjzwissler at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 20:34:42 MDT 2010

Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:41:01 -0700
From: don<don at napanet.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4A questions
To:triumphs at autox.team.net
Don,

I replaced the windshield gasket with one from The Roadster Factory (TRF), the quality is good.  I got it installed fine, but IT IS NOT EASY.  You may want to consider professionals.  I didn't find any "good" way, but can give you tips if you decide you want to try it.

I also have a white top on my car (white w/red interior).  I used a Robbins top from TRF and I'm happy with it, but I wouldn't say its a great representation of original.  The interior lining is black, where the original tops were a tan canvas material.  There is a company (EZ-ON) that is making tops that I'm told are based on the AMCO tops that were popular replacements tops in the 70s.  Some like them better.

Can't help with the door weatherstripping.  I used the newer TR6 style one piece style from TRF, but I'm told they sell the original style as well.

Good luck, Ben.....

--
Ben Zwissler
bjzwissler at gmail.com
Columbus, IN
1966 Triumph TR4A
1973 MG Midget
1980 Triumph TR8
2007 Mazda RX8
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2003 Honda ST1300

Don said:

My car needs a new windshield gasket- best supplier for this?  Best
to have it professionally installed?  I have not attempted this type
of repair since I broke the windshield I tried to install on my '57
English Ford Zodiac back in 1966.

The original white convertible top is a bit tatty.  I'd like to
either get it repaired or find a top that is identical to what I
believe is the factory one on the car.  Any suggestions?

Some of the wiring under the bonnet has been redone by others.  I
believe that the cars had blue tape wrapped around the wiring to
consolidate the wires where they were bundled together.  Is there a
source for this tape?

The windlace on the driver's door opening has suffered from some
wear.  What is a source for this that is like the original?  The
passenger side is still intact, so would prefer to find matching
windlace rather than replace both sides.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Don Scott
Calistoga CA