[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 4, Issue 293

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Fri Jul 9 14:05:04 MDT 2010

> Hi, I read somewhere that the TR gas cap release mechanism should be
> toward the driver side (depending on the country you're in) so that
> the driver can easily reach over and pop it open for the gas station
> attendant who would be (used to be) filling your car..

Still is, in some places.  In Oregon and New Jersey one needs a license to dispense gasoline.  Even though I already knew about it, it was a bit of a culture shock to this Minnesota kid when I was out west with the rented motorhome and the TR4 last autumn.  Yes, they carefully used a towel when withdrawing the nozzle from the TR4.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UB "uncle jack"
1979 Caterham Super Seven
2004 Suburban 8.1
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net