[TR] TR2/3 rad cap pressure

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Thu Jul 8 20:13:39 MDT 2010

Angelo,
I am running a standard 4lb cap from NAPA.  Have not had any serious
problems except that if I put it under pressures like accelerating up hill
at freeway speeds it will climb about 10 degrees beyond normal and some
coolant will release from the cap.  I am not sure what the cold level is for
coolant so I may simply be overfilled a bit.

Most of my driving is at higher elevations, 5,000-8,000 feet so I am not
sure if the lower boiling point would call for a heavier or lighter cap.
Perhaps there is an expert out there that could help to explain the
differences.

Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS30766L  "Tarbaby"