[TR] Fwd: TR4A transmission needed

Loumetelko at aol.com Loumetelko at aol.com
Thu Jul 8 18:21:24 MDT 2010

____________________________________
 From: Loumetelko at aol.com
To: reneandarnold at earthlink.net
Sent: 7/8/2010  8:17:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Re: [TR] TR4A transmission  needed

Hi Arnold:
When I bought my 4A in 1998 it came with a spare transmission (non  OD).
Don't know why the previous owner had a spare because I have never  had a
problem with the original during 25,000 or so miles.  The serial  number on
that spare is CT72579 which makes it a mid to late 1966.  It  has been on the
top of a two drawer filing cabinet for all the years in the  attached garage.
 It shifts to all gears but other than that I have not  touched it.  Only
problem is I am in far northeast Indiana.  To give  a general idea of
shipping, I sent an O/D TR2 transmission to Connecticut and  the UPS cost was $80
but that was in 1992 so that has definitely  changed.  Try UPS on line for a
shipment of 80 lbs from my zip of 46706  to yours.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana

Hello  all,1965 TR4A is back on the road...barely.  Engine is once again
strong.  Fingers crossed.
We, mechanic buddy the pre 1980 owner, and  I want to pull transmission and
repair. If I can
find another usable  transmission plan would be to switch out and then
recondition the  original.If someone has a questionable transmission I would
consider buying  it for parts.  We are not looking for an overdrive. That is
currently  beyond my budget.  Perhaps you have installed a Toy 5 speed and
your  old tranny is taking up space. I have a decent TR4 left side door with
glass  available for partial trade or sale.  I am located near Durham North
Carolina, not far from VIR. I remain on the digest.  Thanks for any  leads.
Arnold  Gilmour