[TR] TR4A transmission needed

reneandarnold at earthlink.net reneandarnold at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 8 15:54:14 MDT 2010

Hello all,1965 TR4A is back on the road...barely.  Engine is once again strong.  Fingers crossed.
We, mechanic buddy the pre 1980 owner, and I want to pull transmission and repair. If I can
find another usable transmission plan would be to switch out and then recondition the original.If someone has a questionable transmission I would consider buying it for parts.  We are not looking for an overdrive. That is currently beyond my budget.  Perhaps you have installed a Toy 5 speed and your old tranny is taking up space. I have a decent TR4 left side door with glass available for partial trade or sale.  I am located near Durham North Carolina, not far from VIR. I remain on the digest.  Thanks for any leads.  Arnold Gilmour