[TR] TR6 in 4th of July Parade

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 15:02:41 MDT 2010

Well, I hadn't done this in awhile but I relented and ran my TR6 in our
village's 4th of July parade on Sunday.  Lot's of crepe paper and American
flags so as not to draw attention to it's origins and possibly promote
unpatriotic hoots from the onlookers!

I was one of probably 50 assorted antiques including a gigantic Buick
Roadmaster convertible filled with Wizard of Oz people.  We did the usual
thing.....toss out candy and beads to the kids, wave to folks, tell them it
wasn't an MG, etc but man was it hot!  Way too hot (upper 90's - full sun -
less than 1 mph) for many of the cars who bailed out along the route.  I
managed to keep the temp needle between half and 3/4 reading by opening the hood
to safety latch position, turning the heater on full blast and keeping the
revs  between 1500 and 1800 rpm......it really wasn't as much fun as I
thought it  would be so maybe next year I'm going to have to set a maximum
outside air  temperature of something like 70 degrees or I'll go back to being a
bystander  with our grandson and handing out cold water to the 80 year old
guys driving the  old Buicks:)

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA