[TR] Color of Side Curtain Plates

Carl TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Fri Jul 2 14:10:19 MDT 2010

Try this again - forgot to switch to plain text...
George describes the original material - kind of mottled/grey/silver -
probably was a cad plating.  Black seemed to be an alternative on
replacement ones in the 70's-80's.  Painted Black - blended in well with the
prevailing black interior.
Chrome - not going there....

As Fred T would say... Powder Coat in a 'hammered argent silver' (or similar
grey/silver) and you won't have to worry about mucking them up. (Hi Fred!)
Carl
(Another red-letter day this weekend.  Maybe I'll schedule it for the 4th -
seems appropriate.   Battery and all connections in place - as is gas tank,
lines & fittings. & carbs.  Ready to fire it up!)
Carl - Tampa
1961 TR3A TS81802LO
Body Off Restoration
Completion Date: NATC 2010 (Jekyll Island, GA)
http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/
(Photos updated 5/18/10)