[TR] TR3 "snap-back" Side Mirrors

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Jul 2 13:58:04 MDT 2010

> I didn't know that not even the Lucas mirrors were original. Wasn't
> at least a driver side  mirror required in those days --  at least in
> California?

When TS13571L (an original CA car) came to me, there was no indication that
it had ever been fitted with wing mirrors.  So I'm guessing there was no
requirement back then for more than one mirror.

But even if there was, the outside mirrors would have been dealer-installed,
not factory.  And the dealers had a tendency to install whatever they felt
like, wherever it looked good to them.

-- Randall