[TR] TR3 Starter rebuild

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Thu Jul 1 10:36:52 MDT 2010

In a message dated 7/1/2010 10:52:42 AM Central Daylight Time,
KingsCreekTrees at aol.com writes:
> Hi Dave; I went through the same thing with my bomb starter. This isn't
> very helpful, but I eventually gave up and bought a gear-reduction. The
> difference in performance is huge, and the voltage use much more favourable.
> It's so reliable that I feel I can now do away with the hole in the rad,
> which will help with cooling.
>
>  Obviously, if originality is important then this isn't an option but
> reliability and durability is key for me.

I'm no originality nazi but in this case I am trying to keep the car
original.  I wouldn't hesitate a minute dropping a gear reduction starter in
either the TR6 or the TR8 but those cars are not original nor is that a
consideration.  But the attraction of the TR3 is that it is so anachronistic and I
want to keep it that way.

Positive ground and all.

Thanks

Dave