[TR] Clutch Master

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Thu Jul 1 05:51:32 MDT 2010

In a message dated 6/30/2010 8:23:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
brad.kahler at 141.com writes:
> You might find that the threads are different for the pipe fitting.  I
> ran across that issue trying to install a TR6 clutch M/C in my TR4
> which the previous owner had converted to using a TR6 brake booster
> setup.  Bottom line is I fought it for several days before I gave up
> and installed a TR4 clutch mc inmy TR4.
>
> I'm not sure I ever did figure out just what all Triumph did
> differently from the 4/4A to the 6 setup.

I believe that at some point they switched to metric threads on the
hydraulics.  But I thought it was during the TR6 production so that early and late
TR6 parts could not be mixed.

Maybe this will stimulate someone with the real facts to come forward.

Dave