[TR] MG vs. Triumph

Bob Wanderer rawanderer at comcast.net
Sun Jan 24 08:33:01 MST 2010

Back in the early 1970s, I wanted a TR6.  The local Triumph dealer torked me
off so I wound up purchasing a MGB-GT.  I did enjoy it, I must admit.  For
my combination second-childhood-midlife-crisis (couldn't afford a midlife
crisis when it originally occurred), I bought a TR6.  With 20/20 hindsight,
I should have either brushed off the dealer's slight or found another
Triumph dealer.  Oh, well.  (Interestingly enough, what turned me on to the
Little British Cars was my best friend's brother's MGA back in the early
1960s.

BobW
Montgomeryville, PA
1974 TR6 (Pimento Red -- as befits a midlife crisis car!)