[TR] MG vs. Triumph

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Sun Jan 24 07:22:10 MST 2010

> love both makes, always have and have owned several different examples of
mst models on either side of the make fence.

I have to agree with Jonmac.B  My first car at age 17 was a '64 Austin Healey
Sprite.B  It went about as fast as I probably should have been allowed to go,
but brought an element of fun to driving I never knew existed from driving my
mother's Galaxy or my father's Comet.B  After the navy, my next car through
college was a '68 MGB with wire wheels.B  My sister still laughs describing
seeing me perpetually bent under the hood, despite which the thing was
actually darned reliable.B  I can't tell whether it was my favorite car ever,
or whether it's simply the youth and memories around it.

After 22 ears of marriage, kids, mortgage and Toyota compacts, and another
three years of restoration, for the past 5 years I've been driving my '59 TR3A
TS 58667.B  I love the looks better, the acceleration, and the cruising power
on the freeway in overdrive to leave Toyota compacts behind.B

Terry

New Hampshire