[TR] Grand Prix (1966)

Wayne Lee wayne at motorcarriage.com
Sat Jan 23 09:14:27 MST 2010

Hi Pat,
  Yes, Grand Prix is great to watch, the best till LeMans came along with
more footage of actual Racing Cars.
My DVD didn't come with the making of it segment as I got it early after
it's release. But, I watched it on Speedvision
when Bruce Dern hosted the interviews with the players. Other than the
actual footage of genuine period GP Races
they filmed using the mocked up Formula Junior Cars, which James Garner
called F3 Cars, which some were when
updated to Lotus 31 Spec as mine was. All the Cars were ex-Jim Russell
School Cars that MGM bought.
 I sold Lotus 22/31 # AM64-14 back to the UK about 8 years ago, to Owen
Oakley, who presently has it for sale again.
It was used in the Movie GP, but we could never confirm which Car it was.
Gavin Pickering's Lotus 20/22 was confirmed
as being the BRM in the Movie and driven by Garner at Monaco. James Garner
has since signed it's dashboard after
it's last restoration and  It's presently for sale also here, along with my
old car. Almost $100K  though.
http://www.formulajunior.com/For%20Sale/FJ_Cars_for_sale.html
I wish I never sold my Lotus 22 but I didn't fit well in it at 6'3", You
really needed to be under 6' in the Lotus' Frame no matter
what you did with the Seat and Fuel Cell, to be comfortable.
Cheers,
Wayne Lee
64 TR4
75 TR6