[TR] TR3A Wing or Side Fender Vents

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 20 08:13:01 MST 2010

I don't know how relevant this may be but I thought I would share my fix for
evacuating heat from my engine compartment.

On the TR3A there is a triangular bulkhead in the fender where the inner
fender angles down from the fire wall.  I cut both of the sheet metal sides
off of this bulkhead.  The bulkhead has structural steel on all perimeter
areas so this probably does not compromise structural integrity.

Then I bought two aluminum electric fans ( 600 CFM each) from McMaster-Carr.
I wedge fit the fans into the triangular holes I had produced in the inner
fender bulkheads.  I wired the fans to a toggle switch under my dash.  Now
when I am in traffic I turn the fans on and bring the engine temp down.

Best regards,

Tom