[TR] [Fot] Wing or Side Fender Vents

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Tue Jan 19 12:51:20 MST 2010

---- gsfuqua1 at aol.com wrote:
> As for functional Vs cosmetic I suppose it would depend on
> how
> they are installed.  If you just cut a hole and stick them in then it
> is
> probably more cosmetic.  However is you build a small scoop that
> funnels  air out
> I believe it will lower the engine bay temp.  Guess we'll just have
> to see
> how it all comes together.
>
> Cheers, Gary

I don't know.  Considering that there is air ramming into the front grille, and the fan adding to that flow, there should be a positive pressure under the bonnet.  Expecting a bit of venturi on the side of the car, or at least not a high-pressure area there, I think that there would be airflow out the side grilles.  An awful lot of front-engine sports-racing cars were designed this way, and I'd think it was for good reason.

1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L
1979 Caterham 7
1994 Miata C-package
2004 Suburban 8.1