[TR] Fan extension, but for what?

amcewen2 at cogeco.ca amcewen2 at cogeco.ca
Tue Jan 19 11:15:05 MST 2010

> The one on the left appears to be an original TR2-3 extension; the one on
> the right looks like a TR4 unit to me.

Don't let the fresh paint fool you ;)

The one on the left is from ebay, the seller claims it came off of a 3 and as he was selling a 2/3 radiator
(identifiable by the neck and starter hole) I tend to beleive him, the one on the right just came from TRF and I also
believe them.

The TRF one matchs the one I took off my 3, which judging from the number of frozen bolts (one of which caused me to
crack it on removal) was OEM, no plastic fan involved, it also visually matches other ones on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180448770516&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

They have the same bolt patterns.

If I turn the wheel on full lock while backing out of my driveway I might hear a ting, ting, ting sound which I took to
be the fan edge just ever so gently touching the steering arm.  Obviously I'll reprofile the fan blades to eliminate
this but I wouldn't want to fit a longer extension then the one I took off.