[TR] TR3A Fan balance piece

amcewen2 at cogeco.ca amcewen2 at cogeco.ca
Tue Jan 19 07:28:25 MST 2010

Hi Listers,

Just replaced the lower sprocket on the timing change, and am about to re-assemble the fan housing.   I'm scratching my
head on how the fan balance pieces (pictured below) acheive their stated goal?  This is the old one btw, I bought a new
kit.

For one thing, it's mass is very small relative to the fan itself (let alone the 5lb extension) and for a second you'd
have to know which quarter of the circle was out of balance before knowing which side to install it on.  I can't think
of any way of determining that to any degree of accuracy that this few ounces of metal would compensate for.

Is it really just cosmetic?

http://picasaweb.google.ca/mcewena10/TimingChain?feat=email#5428229937396055730