[TR] Signs That You Might Be a Car Guy

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Tue Jan 12 23:22:45 MST 2010

On 12 Jan 2010 at 20:47, Randall wrote:

> BTW, doesn't your Spitfire use something similar?  Or don't you
> have OD with the switch in the shift knob?

Ah, the shift knob w/OD switch is locked with a jam nut beneath and a
round washer-like nut above with notches on top.  I suppose you could
say it is in a square hole.  Once the jam nut is loosened the nut on
top can be turned with a tiny screwdriver or other small protruding
device.  From your question I infer that this is the round nut in a
square hole you mentioned re the Stag.  Sometime I feel like the nut
myself.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com