[TR] Signs That You Might Be a Car Guy

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jan 12 16:03:12 MST 2010

> No way.  You remember every one of them.

Maybe you do.  I've got a whole drawer full of special purpose tools, many
of them home-made from some other tool and there is no way I could go
through that drawer, pick up each tool and tell you what it's used for.
Funny looking bolts, bits of pipe, little chunks of tubing, sockets milled
into funny shapes, etc.

But when it comes time to do something I've done before, like tighten the
nut inside the shift knob on an OD Stag (round nut at the bottom of a square
hole just barely bigger than the nut), I go to the drawer and there it is,
the perfect tool!

-- Randall