[TR] TR 3 Voltage Regulator

dave1massey at cs.com dave1massey at cs.com
Tue Jan 12 05:50:49 MST 2010

In a message dated 1/11/2010 10:19:45 PM Central Standard Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:
> Interestingly enough, I read a note in an old TSOA newsletter to the
> effect
> that the generator model was changed during the TR3A run; and that the
> control boxes must match the generator used.  The change was from the
> original 19 amp specification to a 23 amp model, and while it makes sense
> me that the later control box shouldn't be used with the earlier generator
> (as the 19 amp model will eventually burn up if allowed to produce 23 amps
> for long); I was surprised to see that they also said the early box
> couldn't
> be used with the later generator.

 Is this a case where the old box and new generator won't work, or it will
work but will sustain damage, or is it a case of you can't use the old box
with the new generator ***and expect to get 23 amps out of it***?

(They probably didn't say why, tech manuals usually don't)

Dave

BTW, I'll take a copy, thanks.