[TR] SAE verses UNC

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Sun Jan 10 11:54:35 MST 2010

On Jan 10, 2010, thenicholls at verizon.net wrote:

Hi members,

Had my local car club to my house yesterday to remove the soft top and frame
for a winter project.

TR looks fantastic with the hard top (owned 5 years, first install).

I had all hardware except for TRF HU721 (1/4 " by 1 1/2), lock washer and
washer.

Members advised to go to a small local shop.B  I can order from TRF, but I
thougt I would give it a shot.

Is a 1/4 inch X 1 1/2" UNC bolt the same as a 1/4 inch X 1 1/2" SAE fine
thread?B B  Looks like it is the same by my searches on the web.

Thanks in advance, the TR6 looks totally different withB the hard top on.B
Cannot wait to drive
CraigB
Vienna, VA
72 TR6B