[TR] License plates, State of Texas info my MD state (YOM)

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Jan 9 13:48:02 MST 2010

> Never mind -- my browser was so slow I hadn't seen the full details
> until it finished loading.  Apparently this is an option for folks in
> Texas... no idea if other states have similar arrangements.

California has a YOM program for certain years; but technically you are only
allowed to use state-issued plates.

That said, I have heard of people using reproduction YOM plates.  At least
one vendor will sell you embossed (not just silk screened) plates that are
pretty good reproductions except for being aluminum instead of the original
steel (I assume so it takes less pressure to emboss them).  However, they
won't ship to CA, so you have to find an intermediary in another state.

Randall