[TR] Head gasket repair question

Roger Wilson rjwilson1250 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 17:10:52 MST 2010

I am finishing up a head gasket repair. When it blew, water mixed with the
oil. I drained all the fluids when I did the head rebuild. Now I am putting
everything back together I am wondering if I should do more than just
replacing the oil and filter. Is there a problem having a some possible
residue of water mixing with the new oil?

I was thinking of changing the oil and filter again when I retorque the head
after a few hundred miles. Does that make any sense?

Once again, thanks for all the great advice.

Roger Wilson

'60 TR3A