[TR] amp-meter readings--TR3

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 2 22:44:31 MST 2010

thanks Tom
im not sure if i have a problem or just a coincidence.
my car is
a fresh (500 mile) renovation.
at about 250 miles the generator died. buddy
Paul had given me 2 spares so i just changed it out.
then the amp-meter
started to jump about. sometimes +30A others -15A.
then about a week ago it
stopped jumping about and read just a tad less than zero amps. when i ran it
in the dark it discharged the battery and did show negative amps on the gage.
so i now changed out my control box and its giving charge again. the control
box i changed out was brand new.
the amp-meter is still a little jumpy, but
every thing is running good.
the generator gives out +/-30 volts and has about
6 ohms resistance. so i think its OK.
im just curious if your amp-meter likes
to "jump" around a little.
Frank