[TR] Gasket for Filter King?

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Fri Jan 1 12:03:07 MST 2010

Thanks Jay that sounds like what I'm looking for.  The bowl is 2
inches in diameter so I'll give it a try.

Many on the list helpfully suggested cutting a gasket from various
materials but since this is a fairly precision fit up into a groove
where the bowl must fit and compress the gasket equally I don't think
I'd be able to cut a good enough gasket to make a reliable seal.  I've
cut a few other gaskets and I'm not very good at cutting even non-
precision gaskets.  They always look pretty ragged even the ones that
work.  This would involve cutting a 2 inch round gasket thats only
about 1/8 inch wide all the way around which is beyond my cutting
ability.  Hence my joy in hearing there's a potential ready made
solution.

I mounted the Filter King on the passenger side on the fender and
above the carbon canister.  Its away from the engine heat as much as
possible which is an important consideration.   I wanted it between
the fuel pump and the carbs mostly for its ability to regulate fuel
pressure since I already had an inline filter between the fuel tank
and the fuel pump.  I was getting 3-4 psi at the fuel line right
before the carbs and it was causing what I call a "hunting idle"
problem...up and down rpms...and it solved that problem nicely.  I
discovered that there was a fuel pulse by watching the Colortune flame
go to blue whenever the rpms blipped.  By setting the regulator on the
Filter King closer to 1-2 psi I got a smoother idle.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi at comcast.net