[TR] Fwd: tr2 thermostat housing issue

Team.Net lists at autox.team.net
Sun Feb 28 21:10:26 MST 2010

To send mail to triumphs at autox.team.net you send mail to
triumphs at team.net - rocket science, I know.

mjb.

====

Subject:  tr2 thermostat housing issue
From:  Mike H <tr_man at hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 14:59:40 -0800

Hello all,

     I'm hoping someone out there can give me an answer to yet another
issue I have on my restoration I  have a "early" TR-2, TS 1084L, well
I'm putting together my TR2 gauges and I had a thermostat gauge rebuilt
awhile ago. Anyways, the sensor end basically fit inside of the hole
that it threads into. It looks like about 1/2 inch pipe threads. My
question is, does anyone else out there has the "early' double
thermostat housing, whether the sensor threads is larger than the later
cars? Or is there an adaptor that one uses? There is also one other
possibility, once upon a time it had to be cut apart to remove a busted
sensor that no one could get out. Maybe they made the opening larger?
I'm unsure.

Also, anyone out there have an extra early TR-2 shift lever for the gearbox?

thanks, Mike