[TR] Daughters First (and Second) Accidents

GHaynesTR4 at aol.com GHaynesTR4 at aol.com
Thu Feb 25 20:27:38 MST 2010

Fellow Dads,
When my older daughter was a young driver, she totalled both my Rabbit and
her Scirocco in the same winter, by using the brakes to try to stop a skid.
 I insisted that she participate in an SCCA Autocross Driver's School the
next Spring, where she learned NOT to lock up the brakes when she skids.
Apparently that lesson stuck, as she hasn't had an accident since and she's 46
now.
And everyone's disclaimer applies to me, too: lost my license for 90 days
at 16 following two tickets.
Most of us learn the hard way.
George