[TR] Daughters First ticket

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Thu Feb 25 10:50:53 MST 2010

I had all three of my kids pay for half the price of the car, to
provide some pride of ownership and the accompanying caution that
you're wrecking YOUR car not just the parents car and it will sit
until you (not me) can afford to fix it.  Along with that I made them
pay half the insurance with the understanding that if the insurance
increased as a result of traffic violations then they paid the
increase or they couldn't drive.

I found that restricting them from driving didn't do a whole lot to
change their outlook and it became more punishment for me since I then
had to revert back to driving them places.

Monetary consequences to their lifestyle made a much bigger and longer
lasting impression.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi at comcast.net