[TR] Bullet mirror upgrade

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Sun Feb 21 10:19:36 MST 2010

I have a convex repro Lucas mirror on the TR4.

I have stick-on convex "truck bubbles" covering both round mirrors on the Caterham.  I used these on the fake (die-cast) Talbot mirrors on the Sonett.

The truck bubbles give you more field of view than the Lucas mirrors.  I would expect you would get a wider view with the stick-ons than you would get with convex replacement glass for your bullet mirrors (if they are event available).  Also, the stick-ons are are only a couple of bucks.  Look around for the largest size you can find that fit.  If you find out you don't like them, you can get them back off again.

1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UB "uncle jack"
1979 Caterham 7
1994 Miata C-package
2004 Suburban 8.1
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4